Announcement Date: June 16, 2017
A webinar on ‘Introducing the Financial Action Task Force’ took place on Friday, 16 June 2017 for civil society partners in Uganda. The agenda was as follows:
• Welcome and moderation: Yona Wanjala, Defenders Protection Initiative
• Introduction: James Savage, Fund for Global Human Rights
• Setting the scene: Yona Wanjala, Defenders Protection Initiative
• What is the FATF and why is it important?: Lia van Broekhoven, Human Security Collective
• Why does civil society have to know about FATF?: Lia van Broekhoven, Human Security Collective
• FATF and Uganda: Sangeeta Goswami, Human Security Collective
• Scope for engagement: Sangeeta Goswami, Human Security Collective
• Questions, comments
There was lively engagement and debate, and a clear appetite to follow-up on the issues discussed.
For a recording of the webinar, see here.
For the desk study on ‘Financial regulation drivers
for current restrictions of civil society in Uganda’, on which this webinar was based, see here.